Instant Pot Beef Stew Instant Pot Beef Stew Instant Pot 1 ½ lbs Beef Stew…
I’ve been in a soup mood lately. That may have something to do with the 8 inches of snow that’s outside. LOL Or because I just like vegetable soup.
One of the overwhelming things that has been requested of me is more soup recipes. And some more healthy options. I HEAR YA! That’s why I decided to make vegan vegetable soup. The one thing about me when it comes to making soups- my goal is to make the soup pretty. Honestly, the more colors the better it tastes.
To my vegans I know you’ll be happy with this. To my vegetarians you’re going to love this. And to my meat eaters- you’ll love this as well. Back when I taught my cooking classes, I used to make a variation of this soup. My cooking class participants wouldn’t believe how much they just loved vegetable soup. All of the flavors come together for a party in your mouth. And the best part is- it’s healthy.
If you want to make it keto friendly I believe you’ll have to cut the beans but other than that- – have at it! This is wonderful and flavorful. This recipe can very much easily be frozen for another day. And can be made in the slow cooker as well. I have a variation of the recipe for the slow cooker!
Instant Pot Vegan Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot
- 1 cup chopped green peppers one chopped large pepper should be sufficient
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper one chopped large pepper should be sufficient
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper one chopped large pepper should be sufficient
- 1 cup chopped sweet orange pepper one chopped large pepper should be sufficient
- 1 cup chopped onions (optional)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 14 oz bag of Butter beans (frozen) or 2 14 cans of butter beans
- 1 14oz bag of frozen turnip greens
- 1 cup chopped carrots make sure to peel and chop carrots
- 1 8oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp onion powder (to taste)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 tbsp black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Better than Boullion seasoned roasted garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Prepare all chopped vegetables in advance (Chop onions, peppers and celery, and carrots) Turn instant pot on to sauté function and add coconut oil.
- Once the coconut oil melts, add chopped peppers, celery and onions and sauté until soft (should take no more than 3 min). Season the celery, onion and green peppers with onion powder/garlic powder/black pepper/Italian seasoning to taste. While sautéing be sure to scrape up the bottom of the pan(that’s the flavor)!!!!
- Add small can of tomato sauce. Add 2 cans of fire roasted diced tomatoes Add butter beans. Add carrots
- Add frozen turnips. Stir all the ingredients together
- Add the better than bouillon spoonful. Stir the contents.
- Add entire box of vegetable broth or 4 cups of water
- Turn instant pot off saute function.
- Stir all together then close the seal. Set to manual 25 min on the instant pot Allow to natural release.Stir and enjoy hot!