Instant Pot Vegan Vegetable Soup is easy and flavorful. Perfect to eat hearty and healthy.
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot
- 1 cup green peppers chopped
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- butter beans (frozen)
- kale (frozen)
- green beans
- 2 cups fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce (small)
- russet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1 pk onion soup mix
- 1 box vegetable broth
- olive oil
- (Ghee) butter optional
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- italian seasoning
- Prepare all vegetables in advance (chop onions, green peppers and celery)
- Turn instant pot on to sauté function and add olive oil.
- Add celery, onion, and green peppers and sauté until soft (should take no more than 3 min)
- Season the celery, onion and green peppers
- Make sure to scrape up the bottom of the pan and add the scrapings from the bottom (that’s the flavor)!!!!
- Add some ghee butter (I use ghee instead of regular butter). It “thickens” the sauce.
- Add tomato sauce
- Add diced tomatoes
- Add butter beans
- Add kale
- Add carrots
- Add green beans
- Stir all the ingredients together
- Add entire box of vegetable broth
- Add onion soup mix
- Stir all together then close the seal. Set to manual 17 min
- Allow to natural release for at least 10 min
- If you’re not adding the potatoes you can enjoy the vegetable soup. But if you want to add the potatoes read below.
- Add the potatoes to the soup.
- Set instant pot to 10-12 min
- Allow to natural release another 7-10 min
- Stir and enjoy!