It’s getting chilly outside and it’s high time I added some more warm weather recipes. This chili recipe uses ground turkey. I like using ground turkey as opposed to ground beef. Ground turkey is much lighter and just as tasty.
This recipe can be as spicy or as mild as you like. I will tell you though just using this recipe it is not TOO TOO spicy and a family member (who is not a hot head at ALL) loved it. The spice I use in this recipe just enhances the flavor and is not too hot to consume.
Of course if you’re a true hot head- you can DEFINITELY add the jalapenos and whatever else you like to give it some KICK.
Easy Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Instant Pot
- 2 packs ground turkey you can use ground beef but turkey is more healthy
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pack Chili Powder or you can use ground cumin if using ground cumin add 2 tbsp
- 1 jalapeno
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion optional
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 cans Medium (or hot) chili beans
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 pack onion soup mix
- Add olive oil to instant pot and turn on saute function
- Add packs of ground turkey and brown the meat.
- Add diced onion and a few jalapeños (or more if you like it spicy)
- Once browned add garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper to browned meat.
- Stir together and turn off saute function.
- Then add packets of onion soup mix, diced tomatoes, beans, and chili packet
- Add two cups of water
- Place on manual or pressurize for 25 min
- Allow to natural release
- Stir the contents
- Enjoy hot!
- Add toppings of sour cream, shredded cheese, chives, etc