Instant Pot Beef Stew Instant Pot Beef Stew Instant Pot 1 ½ lbs Beef Stew…
It’s that time of year where soup is ALWAYS on time when it’s cooler outside. I have a vegetable soup that I often cook but I wanted to add some variety. On snow days or days where we are in the house for some hours this roasted vegetable soup is the best part of the day.
The ingredients are fairly minimal and honestly can be modified depending on your favorite vegetables. When it comes to soup, I use the same concept I use with my salads- just make it pretty. LOL
I wanted to add pretty vegetables: tomatoes, red peppers, yellow peppers, and carrots. But I of course added my signature: a southern twist: collard greens. Remember when you make this recipe- the frozen collard greens are the best. They are smaller leaves and chopped up and perfect for this recipe and soups.
Roasting vegetables is so easy it’s ridiculous. It is as simple as cut the vegetables, add olive oil, roast for 30 min and flip and roast for another 30 min. Yes, just that easy.
The seasonings are to taste (of course) but if you’ll notice a lot of my recipes use the same- garlic powder and onion powder and black pepper. The reason I am minimal on the seasoning is the Better Than Bouillon roasted vegetable seasoning. This seasoning PACKS A PUNCH! It is amazing and makes any vegetable taste so rich. The seasoning is very good and has a “roast” taste.
This recipe can be made more of a broth type OR creamy. The way I chose to make it was creamy. But it can totally be made however you choose.
I included the video from YouTube. It’s so easy Frenns!
Let me know if you try it.
Slow Cooker Roasted Vegetable Soup
- Slow Cooker
- Blender (or Food Processer)
- 7-8 Large Roma Tomatoes
- 2 Yellow Bell Peppers cut in half
- 2 Red Bell Peppers cut in half
- 1/2 Cup Whipping Cream
- 3-4 Large Carrots cut in half
- 1 tbsp Better than Bouillon Vegetable Base
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- Olive Oil
- 1 small bag frozen collard greens frozen greens are best as the leaves are smaller
- 1-2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1-2 Tbsp Onion powder
- Using a cookie sheet or roasting pan add a thin layer of olive oil. Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash and clean the vegetables in advance.
- Clean vegetables in the following manner: – cut tomatoes in half; Cut carrots in half the long way; cut pepper in half (remove seeds) and place face down.
- Liberally add olive oil to the vegetables to ensure they are all covered in olive oil. Add the vegetables to the oven. Roast for 30 min. At the 30 min mark, flip the vegetables and roast for another 30 min.
- At the end of the hour add 1/4 cup of vegetable broth to a blender (or food processor). Add the vegetables to the blender (or processed) and process until they have a nice purée. It should resemble baby food.
- Add the rest of the vegetable broth to the slow cooker. Should be about 3 1/2 cups. Add the onion powder, garlic powder and 1 tablespoon of the Better than Bouillion seasoning.
- Scrape the bits of the roasting pan and add the flavor to the soup.
- Add the whipping cream to the slow cooker.
- Add the purée vegetables to the slow cooker. Add the collard greens to the slow cooker. Stir the contents together.
- Place the slow cooker on high for 4 hours.
- Enjoy hot!