Instant Pot Beef Stew Instant Pot Beef Stew Instant Pot 1 ½ lbs Beef Stew…
Hey frenns!!! Once I went out to eat and I had barbacoa at a Mexican restaurant and I knew one day I would try it.
And I have officially perfected it. I made this in my instant pot but you can make this in your crock pot. This is one of those “low and slow” style recipes!
Beef Barbacoa Tacos
- Instant Pot
Ingredients for beef:
- Chuck Roast (room temperature) and cut in smaller chunks
- Olive oil
- Salt/Pepper/Garlic powder to season the beef
- 4 bay leaves
- ½ white onion (in quarters)
Ingredients for sauce:
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 tbsp Ground cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1-2 whole cloves
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1-2 tsp lemon or lime juice
- Cut the chuck roast into smaller chunks
- Season with salt/pepper/ and garlic powder
- Turn instant pot on sauté function and add olive oil to coat the bottom
- Place chunks of beef one side first to brown. Then flip to brown the other side Only flipping once or twice just want all sides browned.
- Once all sides brown set instant pot aside.
- Now using a blender combine all of the ingredients except for the chicken broth. Once the other ingredients are completely combined, add chicken broth and blend again.
- Retrieve the instant pot (or crock pot with the beef) add the bay leaves, half of an onion and pour the sauce over the beef.
- Ensure that all of the pieces are covered by the sauce.
- Turn the instant pot on slow cook function for 4 hours. Or if slow cooking for 6-7 hours.
- In the instant pot, once the 4 hours are up, check the texture of the beef. If it is still tough, you can turn the instant pot on “meat/stew” function and allow to natural release. Or manual for approximately 25 min.
- You want the beef to be tender and able to be pulled apart (like strings)
- Once the roast has reached the desired texture (tender and easily torn apart) take the beef chunks out of the sauce leave the bay leaves and onions.
- Shred the beef apart with a fork and knife. (You want this beef shredded- not in small chunks)
- Enjoy as a taco, a rice bowl, or over nachos!
I enjoyed my barbacoa as a taco with cilantro lime rice, black beans, salsa and avocado. Make sure you comment below and tell me if you enjoyed it!