Air Fryer Catfish Po'Boy
I’m such a Georgia girl. Sometimes I wake up and want a southern taste for breakfast. One of my most favorite meals is salmon croquettes and cheese grits. But trying to be more healthy I wanted to try salmon croquettes in the air fryer.
As you all know I have a shellfish allergy so I cannot do shrimp and grits but salmon and grits is amazing. I especially like to eat salmon croquettes and cheese grits (don’t come for me, I eat grits with CHEESE)!
Do you like salmon croquettes? And if so, would you try them this way?
Air Fryer Salmon Croquettes
- Air Fryer
- 1 12oz Can of Pink Salmon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup italian bread crumbs
- 1 large egg whisked
- 1-2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp seasoned salt
- spray olive oil
- Suggestions (use gloves). Drain the can of salmon. Debone the salmon. Splitting the round salmon in half. The spine will be revealed. Be careful to remove the bones as they are not edible. Use a large mixing bowl add the salmon.
- Season the salmon with the aforementioned seasonings liberally.
- Add the egg.
- Add the green peppers and onions. Then add the bread crumbs.
- Using your gloved hands or a large spoon incorporate the ingredients together.
- Create a patty by pinching some of the mix and forming a ball with your hands. Then flatten like a patty.
- Place the patties in the air fryer basket. Spray the patties and the basket with olive oil.
- Set the air fryer to 375 degrees Farenheight. Start at 7 min. At 7 min flip the patties over and cook for 7 more minutes.
- Enjoy hot on a bed of cheese grits or white rice.