Instant Pot Beef Stew Instant Pot Beef Stew Instant Pot 1 ½ lbs Beef Stew…
Beef Barbacoa Nachos | Instant Pot Recipe
Beef barbacoa is such a versatile recipe to make. I’ve had beef barbacoa in tacos. This recipe is very similar but this time I cheated a little and used the Urban Accents Seasoning.Jump to Recipe
For this recipe I did use the instant pot but if you do not have an instant pot you can definitely use a crock pot. For this recipe the beef should literally FALL apart. I know it may seems odd to use the pressurize function and the slow cook function but for some reason using those two together makes beef barbacoa as tender as it should be. Beef barbacoa is a perfect recipe for the instant pot.
When I got my instant pot I was constantly thinking of recipes this is the best of both worlds!
These nachos would be a perfect addition to any type of gathering or any party. I’ve often thought that you can use these for a rice bowl or tacos.
Check out the recipe and video below.
Beef Barbacoa Nachos
- Instant Pot
- 1 6-7lb chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Urban Accents Southwest Blend Spices Smokey Blend Seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 whole white onion quartered
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 cup chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Preparing the Beef
- Bring roast to room temperature. I suggest taking out of the refrigerator at least an hour in advance.
- Season liberally with urban accents seasoning.
- Place olive oil in the instant pot, turn on saute function and allow it to sizzle.
- Place the seasoned beef into the instant pot to brown on each side. No more than 5 min per side.
- Turn off the saute function and set aside.
Making Barbacoa Sauce
- Place the sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until fully combined.
Making Beef Barbocoa
- Add blended ingredients to instant pot.
- Turn instant pot and pressurize for one hour.
- Natural release.
- Open the instant pot and add the bay leaves and quartered onion. Turn the instant pot on the slow cook function and turn on to 4-5 hours.
Leave a Reply