Instant Pot Beef Stew Instant Pot Beef Stew Instant Pot 1 ½ lbs Beef Stew…
Instant Pot Black Eyed Peas
- Instant Pot
- ¼ cup chopped green peppers
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ¼ cup celery
- 3 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 3 cups water
- Smoked turkey(optional)
- 1 bag uncooked blacked eyes(unsealed)
- Olive Oil
- Ghee butter (optional)
To Taste: measure out a tbsp of each and add to taste.
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- season salt
- black pepper
- Take bag of blacked eyes peas and rinse (you are not pre-soaking these peas)
- Chop onions, green peppers and celery
- Turn instant pot on to sauté function and add olive oil.
- Add celery, onion and green peppers and sauté until soft (should take no more than 3 min)
- Add rinsed black eyed peas to the softened celery, onion and green peppers and stir up.
- Make sure to scrape up the bottom of the pan and add the scrapings from the bottom to the peas (that’s the flavor)!!!!
- Add some ghee butter (I use ghee instead of regular butter). It “thickens” the sauce.
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- Add 3 cups of water
- Then add smoked turkey (optional)
- Stir all together then close the seal. Set to manual 25 min.
- Allow to natural release for 10 min (this releases the pressure of the peas).
- Fluff and stir the peas and serve!
- I use ghee butter as opposed to regular butter.
- You do not need to use chicken broth you can use vegetable broth (if making vegetarian).
- You do not need to use smoked turkey it’s optional.
- Seasonings are to taste, I sometime add Cajun seasoning for a little spice!