An easy instant pot turkey chili recipe
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili Recipe
Hey frenns!!! I’m back again with a new instant pot recipe! This is going to be so good and perfect for this fake spring/leftover winter we are having.
White Chicken chili is such an odd recipe. LOL I’ll admit I never even tried to make it until several people asked me if I had a recipe for white chicken chili.
As with most recipes, I wanted to try it first myself (freestyle) and then see if I could make it even more manageable in the instant pot. And of course, that is entirely possible. I see no reason why you would not use the instant pot function.
Here are a few tips to make a simple recipe, even easier:
- Soften the cream cheese in advance.
- You can freeze this recipe, but don’t add the cream cheese if you plan to freeze it.
- Use thinly sliced chicken breasts OR use rottisserie chicken.
- Instead of water, use chicken broth.
- Use a mixture of chick peas and white canellini beans.
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2-3 chicken breasts Thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup unsalted chickenbroth
- 1-2 tbsps ground cumin
- 1-2 tbsps chili powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 can chick peas
- 1 pk cream cheese softened
- 2 cans tomatoes and green chili
- Place instant pot on sauté function
- Sauté the garlic and green peppers (about 2 min)
- Add the raw chicken breasts on top of the garlic and peppers
- The flavor will come together that way
- Season one side of the chicken breasts with cumin, chili powder, and black pepper.
- Allow it to brown completely
- Flip the chicken breasts. Season as you did the other side.
- Once that side browned completely take the chicken breasts out of the instant pot
- Scrape the bottom of the instant pot to pull up the bits (that’s the flavor)!!!
- Add the chicken broth, can of tomato/pepper chili, and chickpeas
- Shred or dice the chicken (I don’t like shredded chicken so I diced it)
- Add it back into the instant pot and stir the contents together.
- If necessary add more cumin (you can taste the flavoring)
- Place your instant pot on manual 22- 25 min. Allow to natural release.
- Meanwhile I toasted tortillas by dividing it into quarters, spraying the flour tortilla with olive oil, and seasoning with cumin. I baked in 350 flipping each side after 3-4 min (until toasted).
- Once the instant pot is done take the top off and add the cream cheese. And stir. I did not pressurize again I kept it on the warm function for approximately 10 min (the cream cheese will melt).
- I served with the tortilla strips and topped with avocado!
Leave a Reply