How to make crispy fried chicken
I call this my “Company’s Coming Strawberry Mint Lemonade.” But really it’s a great recipe on how to make strawberry lemonade. It’s refreshing and has a burst of flavor- especially with the fresh mint and (lemon balm). The herbs really make this lemonade even better. It’s such a perfect summer drink just like this margarita.
Strawberry lemonade is also a great Juneteenth drink. Strawberry lemonade is a nice addition for juneteenth. During Juneteenth you often enjoy drinks that are red in color. Red colored food is a way to connect with and honor African/African American ancestors. Back in the day people would drink hisbiscus drinks- but now many people drink strawberry soda and other red inspired drinks. I have also made fried chicken for Juneteenth.Jump to Recipe
I love making strawberry lemonade all throughout the summer. It’s pretty easy to make (as I always do) but I kept my recipe a secret up until now. Why is it a secret? Because it’s my secret having people think I’m super fancy and make fresh squeezed lemonade but I don’t 😬 (I have done it before- overrated experience).
Why make fresh squeezed lemonade when you can make Country Time Fresh Lemonade and have people think that it’s fresh squeezed instead? LOL! Country Time Fresh has a strawberry lemonade mix but I prefer to add the strawberry myself (because: extra) plus this recipe is so easy I don’t need any additional shortcuts.
This is a super fresh summer treat and people always ooh and ahhh because it’s “pretty.” As you know I love making pretty dishes.
In true Drea fashion- I do use herbs from my garden that maximize and enhance the flavors. Yes, herbs- plural. Mint is such a great herb to add to lemonade. It gives a beautiful color that’s a contrast to the red of the strawberry. But the other herb I add is lemon balm. Lemon balm looks like mint (is a perennial) but it has a burst of lemon flavor. This is a perfect compliment and enhancement to a lemon drink.
Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- 4 cups strawberry fresh or frozen (I prefer frozen but with fresh you get the strawberry pulp)
- Country Time Lemonade according to instruction
- 4-6 cups water
- 3 large lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon balm
- Blend the strawberries, mint, lemon balm and 2 cups of water. Ensure the sprigs of mint and lemon balm are finely shredded in the blender. Do NOT pre-chop them. Place the entire leaf (without the stems) into the blender. When you prechop the flavor comes out too early and you need the flavor to come out in the blender.
- In a separate pitcher mix the lemonade mix and water according to instruction and the size of your pitcher. But only mix halfway full.
- Add the blended strawberry mix to the lemonade mix. Note: you may have to add more water to dilute that’s fine.
- Slice and squeeze 1 fresh lemon in half to include some lemon pulp
- Take the other lemons and make 1/2 inch slices. Add the slices to the pitcher for garnish and flavor
- Chill in the refrigerator until serving
- Enjoy and enjoy everyone thinking you made fresh squeezed lemonade. (You’re welcome)!