This recipe is so easy- even your kids can do it! Turkey Sausage in the…
Twisted Lime Margaritas
- 1 oz Grand Marnier
- 2 oz Jose Cuervo Tequila
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/2 cup or less sprite or soda water
- 3-4 fresh limes
- Rim Salt or Sugar (to preference)
- First warm up your limes under warm water (this helps to soften them to make them easier to juice)
- After washing them off in warm water roll them on the counter to soften them
- Using a potato peeler or carrot peeler or pairing knife and peel off two strips from a lime. Take the strip and twist it and set it aside.
- Fill your shaker with ice
- Then using a cheese grater or a regular grater and thinly shave off some pieces of the lime. This will make the drink have a more citrus flavor.
- Add the grates of the lime to the cup of shaker
- Cut the softened limes in half and juice the lime (3-4 limes should give you about 1/2 cup of lime juice). Set aside the half of lime
- Add the grand marnier, simple syrup and Jose Cuervo to the shaker.
- Shake the contents hard enough to break the ice in the shaker. For about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Take your lime and run it across the rim of the margarita glasses or mason jars
- Salt or sugar the rim. The lime allows it to stick.
- Add ice to the margarita glasses.
- Then equally pour the margarita drink into the glasses. Do not fill them all the way up. Be sure to equally distribute between the two cups.
- Add the sprite or soda water to top off the margarita. Should be just a little room. About 1/3 cup. This adds the bubbles.
- Stir gently to mix the alcohol with the sprite. Be careful not to stir too much
- Garnish with the twisted lime slices.