"I walked in then I turnip Pot full of collards Shawty gotta recipe Like she…
Greens in the instant pot seem like an oxymoron. But it is entirely possible to make good southern greens in the instant pot. This instant pot recipe is one of the first ones I mastered. And I was so happy to share it with others.
I usually make mixed greens but sometimes I prefer to make specifically collard greens. I have made turnip greens with turnips in the instant pot and experienced success – this recipe is no different. I have also been known to mix my greens. Collards, turnips, mustards, and kale greens all have differing textures. I like to mix those textures to make my greens but I have done each individually as well.
To make matters even more extreme, I usually purchase frozen or bagged greens. Very rarely, unless they come from the garden do I go old school with my greens. The process is long enough. But with this instant pot greens recipe- you win every single time. Check out the full recipe below or the video.
Also, if you choose to make these vegetarian this perfectly possible to omit the meat.
Let me know how much time you saved making these greens!
Instant Pot Collard Greens
- Instant Pot
- Collard Greens
- 3 ½ cups vegetable broth
- Seasoning salt (to taste)
- ½ tbsp sweet Onion (chopped)
- Boiling meat (I use smoked turkey)
- ¼ cup butter
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- Onion powder (to taste)
- Peel then Chop Collard Greens into smaller pieces
- Place smoked meat at the bottom
- Layer with half (or less) the greens.
- Add some of the Chopped onions
- Season greens but just a little seasoning salt/garlic powder/onion powder
- Add another layer of greens/onions/seasoning etc.
- Add the stick of butter (slices) on the second layer
- Once layered add broth
- Pour broth over the green “stack.”
- Turn on 25 manual
- Let it natural release for about 10 min