Here's an excellent recipe on what to do with your leftover grilled chicken.
Y’all….it’s hot. Like hot hot. Way too hot to do anything beside like sit underneath the AC and eat. Of course eat. Last week, I gave you BBQ rub. Tomorrow you’ll get step 2 of the BBQ 101 series. Starting and maintaining a fire.
But in the meantime, I’m going to share this simple pasta salad. If you’ve ever taken my cooking class you’ll know my theory on salads. It’s pretty simple- just make it pretty.
I should probably be more concerned about the nutritional values and what not but honestly- I’m not. Lol I just like a filling, light and cool salad. This pasta salad fits the bill. The way I made it I did not add any meat, but you can most certainly add grilled chicken or shrimp for some protein.
Make sure you comment below and tell me how you enjoyed!
The ingredients are simple and this is a salad you will love.
Zesty Italian Tri-Color Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 box Tri-Color Rotini
- 1 box Stuffed Tortilinni
- 1 small can sliced olives
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Sliced, peeled english cucumber
- 1 bottle Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1-2 tbsp Perfect Pinch Salad Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Pasta water
- Slice and chop all the vegetables
- Drain the black olives
- Salt and oil the water to boil the tri-color pasta
- Boil the tri-color pasta al dente. Set them aside and save the pasta water (DO NOT RINSE)
- Boil the Tortilinni al dente. Set aside. (DO NOT RINSE)
- When the noodles are done add the tri-color pasta to a separate bowl
- Add the salad supreme seasoning. Add liberally
- Stir the noodles.
- Add the pasta water (it helps the seasoning stick to the noodles)
- Add almost the entire bottle of salad dressing (saving a little more to add to the tortilinni)
- Add the other vegetables (olives, tomato, bell peppers and cucumbers) and toss together.
- Add the tortilini and add the rest of the salad dressing.
- Chill for 1-2 hours