It’s pumpkin season. I have so many pumpkins growing in my garden. I can’t even believe it!
I learned just a few weeks ago that Illinois contains the city that is considered the pumpkin capital of the world!
Due to our cool weather there’s no wonder that pumpkins grow so well here but it doesn’t make me less proud Of the pumpkins I grew (And am still growing)!
This week I’m sharing a great 2 for 1 video. First this instructional on How to Roast a Pumpkin and then How to Make Pumpkin Bread.
The “How To” for how to Roast a Pumpkin is here.
How To Roast a Pumpkin
- cookie sheet
- Spray Olive Oil
To Prep The Pumpkin
- 1 Ice Cream Scoop (or sharp spoon to scoop the seeds)
- 1 knife (a watermelon knife or long knife)
- 1 Large Bowl
To Roast the Pumpkin
- Spray Olive Oil
- 1 Cookie Sheet
- 1 Piece Parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 425
- Cut the whole pumpkin in half
- Taking the ice cream scoop or a pumpkin spoon, scoop out the “guts” of the pumpkin. Make sure to separate the insides from the seeds. You can roast the seeds later
- Spray the pumpkin liberally with olive oil spray
- Place parchment paper on the cookie sheet.
- Place each half of the pumpkin face down
- Place in the oven for 45-50min
- Allow the pumpkin to rest/cool (it will be scorching hot) and bubbling
- Once roasted and completely cool you can easily peel the outside of the pumpkin shell from the inside of the pumpkin
- Save the inside of the pumpkin
- Place the inside of the pumpkin in a colliander or bowl that allows you to draw out the moisture
- Save the residue as it is “pumpkin juice”
- Save the rest of the pumpkin but be sure to measure it so you know how much pumpkin you have. Or use it immediately in your recipe. Otherwise you can freeze it.
Let me know below what are some other ideas to make from the roasted pumpkin!
Make sure you check out the recipe on how to make pumpkin bread.
Link to YouTube here:
Leave a Reply