A lot of times when I make instant pot recipes, someone will inevitably ask, “can I make this in the slow cooker?” I usually respond- sure but I don’t have a recipe at the ready. WELL NO MORE! lol Here is the slow cooker recipe version for the instant pot vegetable soup recipe.
Slow cooker vegan vegetable soup is so flavorful and your house will smell amazing.
Remember- when you are cooking anything in the slow cooker- DO NOT LIFT THE LID UNTIL THE RECIPE IS DONE. Yes, that was me yelling at you. Lifting the lid compromises the cooking time and automatically adds 30 min (yes, one little peek).
Check out the recipe below.
Slow Cooker Vegan Vegetable Soup
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet orange pepper
- 1 cup chopped onions (optional)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tbsp onion powder (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- Italian seasoning (to taste)
Slow Cooker Ingredients
- 1 cup Will include all saute vegetables once they are sauted
- 1 14oz bag of Butter beans (frozen) or 2 14 cans of butter beans
- 1 14oz bag of frozen turnip greens
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 14.5oz cans of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 8oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Better than boullion seasoned roasted garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or water)
Saute the Vegetables
- Prepare all chopped vegetables in advance (Chop onions, peppers and celery, and carrots). Add 1/4 cup of coconut oil to a skillet on low to medium heat on the oventop.
- Using a skillet turn the heat to medium/low and add coconut oil. Once the coconut oil melts add chopped peppers, celery and onions and sauté until soft (should take no more than 3 min).
- Add the seasonings to the saute vegetables (while sauteing). It will bring out the flavors and liven the seasonings. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet (this is the flavor). Turn off the skillet and set vegetables aside.
Slow Cooker Process
- Spray slow cooker with olive oil spray. Add saute vegetables to the slow cooker.
- Add 1 tablespoon of better than boullion seasoned roasted garlic.Then add the carrots, roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce and frozen greens to the crockpot pot.
- Add the vegetable broth (or water). Then add the frozen turnip greens. Stir all the contents together.
- Cover and place the crockpot on high.
- Serve hot!